CHICAGO — R&B singer R. Kelly is due in federal court to enter a plea to an updated federal indictment that includes sex abuse allegations involving a new accuser.
The 53-year-old is expected to plead not guilty at Thursday's hearing in Chicago to a superseding indictment unsealed last month that includes multiple counts of child pornography. The reworked charging document is largely the same as the original indictment but includes a reference to a new accuser.
The hearing could be a chance for the judge to push back the trial date.
Kelly faces several dozen counts of state and federal sexual misconduct charges in Illinois, Minnesota and New York. He's denied abusing anyone.
- Remember their names | Family, friends share memories of lives lost in Putnam County tornado
- Showers, maybe a severe storm, to rumble through Thursday
- Florida resident in Washington tests positive for coronavirus, Gov. DeSantis says
- Facts Not Fear | What you need to know about the COVID-19 outbreak
- She spent 2 years taking care of the 'perfect plant.' Then, she realized it was plastic
- Florida lawmakers propose jail time for emotional support animal fraud
- Mickey finally gets his own ride: Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway opens at Disney World
FREE 10NEWS APP: