CONNECTICUT, USA — Chef Macarenda Ludena is the head chef and CEO of Cora Cora in West Hartford and shares with us how to make a delicious fish ceviche and passion fruit chicano!
Cora Cora is a family-run Peruvian restaurant that was also a James Beard Award semifinalist for Outstanding Restuarant and Best Chef - New England.
• 7oz white fish fillets, fresh fish cut into 2-3 inches cubes
• 2oz lime juice (freshly squeezed, approx. 3-4 limes)
• 2 tbsp celery (approx. 2 large stalks), blended to a paste with about 1 tsp water
• 1/4 tsp of minced garlic
• 1/4 tsp minced ginger
• 2 tsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
• 1 chopped Aji Limo pepper (Peruvian chili pepper) or small chili pepper to taste, rib and seeds removed (optional)
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1-2 choclo (type of Peruvian corn) (boil and strip 1-2 corn cobs)
• 1 red onion, cut in 1/2 lengthwise and thinly sliced
• 1 boiled potato, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
• 1 boiled sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
1. Place the fish in a large bowl then add the lime, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add celery paste, garlic, and ginger. Stir so that these ingredients can incorporate well into
3. Add the finely chopped cilantro and Aji Limo to taste. Stir well.
4. Serve immediately to preserve freshness.
5. Finally, add the onions, choclo, boiled potato and sweet potato.
Passion Fruit Chicano
(Variation of the classic Chilcano de Pisco)
• 2oz pisco
• 2oz passion fruit
• 1oz simple syrup
• Ice cubes
• Ginger ale for topping off
• Few drops of angostura bitters
• Slice of lime for garnish (optional)
1. Fill an 8 oz tumbler with ice. Pour the Pisco over the ice.
2. Add the passion fruit and simple syrup. Stir well.
3. Fill the glass with the ginger ale, and garnish with angostura bitters and lime.
Jennifer Glatz is a digital content producer at FOX61 News. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a story idea or something on your mind you want to share? We want to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com
HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS
Download the FOX61 News APP
iTunes: Click here to download
Google Play: Click here to download
Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.
Steam Live on FIRE TV: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.