HARTFORD, Conn. — Join Maurice from Hartford's 'Just Fish' food truck as he breaks down how to make some delicious hushpuppies!
Will make 1/2 dozen hush puppies
- 6 tablespoons of cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of of yellow or white onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Scallions finely chopped
- Vegetable, Canola, or Peanut oil only for frying.
Use a 2-quart saucepan and fill oil halfway into the pan.
Grab a small spoon scooper to scoop hushpuppies into the 350-degree oil.
Wait until they turn golden brown, let cool and serve
On the web justfish172.com
Jennifer Glatz is a digital content producer at FOX61 News. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a story idea or something on your mind you want to share? We want to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com
HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS
Download the FOX61 News APP
iTunes: Click here to download
Google Play: Click here to download
Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.
Steam Live on FIRE TV: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.