WEST HARTFORD, Conn. — The founder of Friday West Hartford, Sarah Sanchez, stops by to show us how to make delicious pastor tacos and ceviche!
Sanchez, who is Colombian, said on Frida's website that she's very attached to Mexican culture with thanks to her husband. Sanchez and the Frida crew serve amazing meals at their West Hartford location. Learn more and see their menu here!
- 2 pounds of boneless pork
- 1 ounce of guajillo peppers, cleaned and seed removed. About 4 peppers.
- 1 ounce of achiote paste
- 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 cloves
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Marinate the pork for 4 hours before or overnight
- 2 pounds of pork butt shoulder cut in1/3 inch steaks
- Salt and pepper to season the meat
- 1 medium size white onion cut into slices
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into squares
- 1 medium size bunch of cilantro (washed and finely chopped)
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- A good spicy salsa, green or red your choice.
Mix ceviche or (tiritas de pescado) fish strips adding octopus, cucumber, shrimp, salt, and a little pinch of Mexican oregano.
From Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, in the state of Guerrero, where it is usually prepared using sailfish or marlin, the fish is finely sliced into small 2-inch stripes of about (for fish 5.25 ounces) 1/4 inch in thickness.
- 4 ounces of octopus
- 4 large shrimp
- 1 tiger shrimp
- 2 slices of avocado
- 1 cup of red onions or less
- 4.25 ounces of cucumber
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime
- Salt, pepper, oregano (to taste)
Quickly marinate with lime juice and then mix with red onion slices, and cucumber, and seasoned with oregano, salt, and pepper.
Traditionally served with corn tostadas or saltine crackers, it is very similar to ceviche but in Frida West Hartford adding shrimp, and octopus.
Have a story idea or something on your mind you want to share? We want to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com
HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS
Download the FOX61 News APP
iTunes: Click here to download
Google Play: Click here to download
Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.
Steam Live on FIRE TV: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.