FARMINGTON, Conn. — Toro Loco in Farmington stops by FOX61 to share two recipes today!
This is ahead of their fundraiser Sunday for the American Cancer Society. Chef Tony Camilleri with Toro Loco and Toro Mexican Street Food, will raise money in the fight against cancer. His restaurant group will be kicking off Cinco de Mayo week with the day-long fundraiser in support of the Farmington Valley Relay for Life.
The restaurants will feature a signature drink and dish in purpose, the American Cancer Society's original cancer awareness ribbon color. A portion of the proceeds from these items will be donated to the cause.
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 1 ounce Chambord
- 1 ounce fresh Lime Juice (juice of one lime)
- 2 oz of your favorite grape-flavored drink mix mixed to your own sweetness (we used grape kool-aid)
Garnish: Lime wedge blackberry, blueberry and grape sour patch kids for garnish all skewered together
1) Add all ingredients to a bar shaker along with 6 fresh blackberries and shake with ice
2) Strain into the glass over ice that is rimmed with tajin and salt garnish with a blackberry skewer
Blackberry Chamoy BBQ Chicken Taco
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 8 oz chamoy sauce (can be purchased at a local Mexican market)
- 1 pint blackberries
- 2 lime
- small red onion
- 8 oz. shredded purple cabbage
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 4 nixtamal tortillas
1) Mix with a whisk the blackberries and chamoy sauce until all the berries are broken down
2) Rub chicken thighs with salt and tajin and then squeeze 1 lime over the chicken along with 2/3 of the chamoy blackberry bbq let marinate for up to 4 hours
3) Char on a grill or open flame the red onion and poblano peppers
4) Thinly slice the red onion and marinate in salt tajin and juice of 1 lime for 1 hour
5} Mix the cabbage poblano and red onion and 1/2 bunch cilantro to make the slaw
6) Grill or roast chicken thighs until fully cooked
7) Assembly; spread a tablespoon of reserved bbq on bottom of tortilla slice chicken lay on sauce then top with the slaw , garnish with fresh blackberry
Have a story idea or something on your mind you want to share? We want to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS
Download the FOX61 News APP
iTunes: Click here to download
Google Play: Click here to download
Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.
Steam Live on FIRE TV: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.