HARTFORD — Mayor Luke Bronin announced Friday that an 18-hour parking ban has been activated this weekend in the Capitol City.
According to a press release, the ban will begin at 6 p.m. Saturday and end at 12-noon Sunday.
With inches of snow and low temperatures make their way, Hartford’s warming centers will be available.
The center located at the former Milner School at 104 Vine Street will be open during its regular hours, from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., officials say.
For a full list of daytime warming centers, click here.
“The latest forecast projects at least two to four inches of snow on Saturday and cold weather early next week, so we are calling a parking ban to clear the streets and reduce the potential for any buildup of ice,” Mayor Bronin said.
All on-street parking is prohibited throughout the city during a snow parking ban.
Drivers are reminded that police will ticket and tow any vehicles left on the street by the start of the ban, which is after the events expecting thousands this weekend are over, Mayor Bronin said.
Organizers of the city’s Winterfest celebration said the skating rink in Bushnell Park will close at 6pm instead of 8pm because of the parking ban.
Hartford residents without access to off-street parking are encouraged to move their vehicles to one of the city’s authorized parking area.
Those areas include: Blue Light Lots, City Parks, Recreation and Senior Centers, and Hartford Public Schools parking lots beginning at 12-noon Saturday.
“Please comply with the parking ban as soon as possible, Mayor Bronin added. “It is essential that all residents and visitors respect the parking ban so that our Public Works team can work quickly and safely.”
Mayor Bronin also encouraged Hartford residents to sign up to receive alerts from city by registering online.
To avoid being ticketed and towed, here is a list of the authorized parking areas throughout Hartford.
Blue Light Lots
- 130 Sisson Ave
- 2434 Main St
- 135 Main St
- 20 Francis Ct
- 60 Chadwick Ave
- 45 Evergreen Ave
- 77 Laurel St
- Sigourney Street and Homestead Avenue
- Learning Corridor Parking Garage – Brownell St Entrance
City Parks and Centers
- Colt Park – Wawarme St Lot
- Elizabeth Park – Asylum St Lot Elizabeth Park – Prospect Ave Lot
- Goodwin Park – Hubbard Rd Lot
- Goodwin Park – Maple Ave Golf Course Lot
- Keney Park – Woodland St Lot Keney Park – Ridgefield St Lot
- Rocky Ridge Park – Zion St Lot
- Thomas J. Hyland Memorial Park – Ansonia St Lot
- Foster Heights Park – Amherst St Lot
- Holcomb Health and Human Services Campus – 2 Holcomb St Lot
- North End Senior Center – 80 Coventry St Lot
- Parker Memorial Community Center – 2621 Main St
- Metzner Recreation Center – 680 Franklin Av
- Samuel Valentin Arroyo Recreation Center – 30 Pope Park Dr
All Hartford Public Schools parking lots are also available for residents to leave their vehicles during the ban. For a complete list of city schools, click here.