NEW HAVEN, Conn — Police officials said a 17-month-old child Monday has died as a result of a drug overdose.
On August 8, officers and firefighters responded to an address on Norton Street in the afternoon regarding an unresponsive child.
Officers believed the little girl had most likely swallowed adult medication. She was taken to Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital and her death was announced on Tuesday.
New Haven's Special Victim's Unit and DCF are investigating the incident.
Police are asking anyone with information to please call detectives at 203-946-6304.