RAVENNA, Ohio — Here's a story you don't see every day.
Police in Ravenna were called to the McDonald's restaurant on Monday morning to deal with a report of a woman attacking employees behind the counter.
When officers arrived at around 9:40 a.m., 44-year old Cherysse Cleveland was observed attempting to strike several employees.
Upon investigation, police determined that the cause of the incident was Cleveland wanting to mix flavors of her slushie together. When told by the manager at McDonald's that was not possible, Cleveland became irate and stormed behind the counter to make the slushie mix herself.
Police say the manager at the McDonald's tried to block Cleveland's path and was punched. Another employee was able to get Cleveland back into the customer area, but was punched in the right eye and suffered multiple abrasions. The employee was finally able to wrestle Cleveland to the ground.
Cleveland was detained by police and charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault.
Note: 3News sought to obtain video that was taken during the incident from a man named Brian Allen. Allen replied that we would have to contact email@example.com if we wanted to have access to it. We declined.
- Video: Attorney says images show Canton McKinley football player was forced to eat pizza
- Police arrest 4 men, recover loaded weapons inside stolen vehicle in Akron
- Millions paid to wrongfully convicted, imprisoned Ohioans
- Court spectator charges at brother of Olympian Simone Biles following case dismissal in his Cleveland murder trial
- Ravenna police identify Kent man as suspect responsible for multiple tire slashing incidents
- WATCH | Officer rescues woman trapped in basement as fire rips through Ravenna home: See body camera footage
- Woman hit by 10 pound package of meat during fight at South Euclid Walmart
Editor's Note: The below video is from a previously published and unrelated story