NEW HAVEN, Conn. — Albertus Magnus College announced Thursday that their campuses will be opening in August for students.
The college said they will be following CDC guidelines and work with state officials and local health departments to keep students safe.
The campuses will reopen for the 2020 fall semester, include face-to-face classes, open residence halls, and campus facilities. Incoming freshmen students will move into campus residence halls on August 26th and 27th. Orientation will be after.
Returning students will move back onto campus on August 28th and 29th.
Fall semester classes will begin on August 31st for the traditional college undergraduate program, and on August 24th for graduates.
Fall courses for undergraduates will be offered via a hybrid approach, according to the college. They will be delivering instruction through a combination of face-to-face and online methods.
Face-to-face classes will continue through Friday, November 20, at which time students will return home for the Thanksgiving break. To help mitigate possible COVID-19 exposure and spread, students will then complete classes, projects, and final exams remotely for the remainder of the fall semester. Class schedules and delivery modes will remain unchanged for programs in the Division of Professional and Graduate Studies.
Albertus Magnus College provided a summary of Key Dates:
- August 24 First Day of Classes for Division of Professional and Graduate Studies, Mod 1
- August 26 and 27 New Student Move-In Days (schedule of pre-assigned move-in date and times will follow)
- August 28 and 29 Returning Students Move-In Days (schedule of pre-assigned move-in date and times will follow)
- August 28 – 30 New Student Orientation and Technology Training Workshops
- August 31 First Day of Classes for the Traditional Undergraduate Fall Term
- September 7 Labor Day: Note, traditional undergraduate classes in session and College is open (PGS classes will not be held, as scheduled)
- October 12 Columbus Day: Note, traditional undergraduate classes in session and College is open (PGS classes will not be held, as scheduled)
- November 20 End of On-Campus Classes for Traditional Undergraduates (students will return home for the remainder of fall semester)
- November 23 – 27 Thanksgiving Break (PGS classes conducted as scheduled)
- November 30 Resumption of Fall Classes for Traditional Undergraduates (online Format)
- December 10 Last day of Fall Semester Classes (Mod 2 classes conducted as scheduled through December 17)
- December 11 – 18 Final Exams/Online Projects
- December 19 Winter Break Begins
- January 11, 2021 PGS Mod 3 Courses Begin
- January 13, 2021 Undergraduate Spring Semester Courses Begin