HARTFORD, Conn. — If you're heading into Hartford for Saturday's St. Patrick's Day Parade on Saturday, you'll need to know what streets are going to be closed.
The parade will start at 11 a.m. with marchers leaving the state capitol and heading east on Capitol Avenue. They will head to Main Street and turn left, heading north. Marchers will turn left and head west on Asylum Street. From there they will turn left onto Ford Street and the parade will end at the Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Arch.
There will be several road closures in the Capitol Avenue area on Saturday and streets will reopen at 3 p.m. The following street closures will take effect on the day of the parade:
At 9:30 a.m. road closures will be:
- Capitol Avenue between Broad Street and Washington Street
- Hungerford Street between Capitol Avenue and Russ Street
- Oak Street between Capitol Avenue and Russ Street
- Washington Street between Capitol Avenue and Buckingham Street
- Trinity Street entire length Capitol Avenue exit ramp from I-84 East
At 10:40 a.m. road closures will be:
- Capitol Avenue between Broad Street and Main Street
- Main Street between Buckingham Street and Church Street
- Asylum Street between Main Street and Spruce Street
- Ford Street entire length Conlin Whitehead Highway at Columbus Blvd. The exit ramp will be open.
These road closures are important to keep in mind not only for the parade but for those attending Monster Jam at the XL Center, which starts at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Doug Stewart is a digital content producer at FOX61 News. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Have a story idea or something on your mind you want to share? We want to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS
Download the FOX61 News APP
iTunes: Click here to download
Google Play: Click here to download
Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.
Steam Live on FIRE TV: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.