x
Breaking News
More () »

4 burned at firepit in Simsbury

3 of the 4 went to the hospital.
Simsbury fire

SIMSBURY, Conn. — Four people were burned Saturday evening at a firepit in Simsbury.

Fire officials said they were called to Nod Road at 9:10 p.m. for reports of a person on fire. 

When they arrived they found that the incident stemmed from a firepit being ignited. Four people were reported injured with three of them being taken to area hospitals.  

RELATED: Tow truck driver killed by hit and run driver on I-91 in North Haven

Sign up for the FOX61 newsletters: Morning Forecast, Morning Headlines, Evening Headlines

Fire officials reminded people in an email:

  • When using wood-burning fire pits, burn only clean, dry hardwood that’s been seasoned at least six months
  • Use commercial fire starters to start the fire, following the manufacturer’s instructions. 
  • Never use lighter fluid or gasoline to start or relight a fire in a fire pit. 
  • Keep chairs, children and pets away from the fire pit. Have a three-foot “free zone” around the pit.

RELATED: 16-year-old boy has died after water incident in Lyme

Doug Stewart is a digital content producer at FOX61 News. He can be reached at dstewart@fox61.com.

 

Have a story idea or something on your mind you want to share? We want to hear from you! Email us at newsteam@fox61.com

HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS

Download the FOX61 News APP

iTunes: Click here to download

Google Play: Click here to download

Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.

Steam Live on FIRE TV: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTERFACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM

Paid Advertisement