Carpetbagger Oyster Bun
Total prep time 40 Minutes
Layers (bottom to top)
Truffle Cream (warm)
Fried Oyster (hot)
Steak Tartar (cold)
Truffle Aioli (cold)
1 lb Beef Top Round (all fat removed)
2 Tbsp Kosher Salt or more to taste
1 Tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
1 oz Chopped Black Truffle Peelings
2 tsp Truffle Oil
2 tbsp Chopped Parsley
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place the beef top round in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the beef top round and defrost for about an hour.
- Using an automatic slicer or a very sharp knife slice the beef top round as thin as possible.
- Take the beef top round slices and chop them very fine and place in refrigerator.
- Peel and small dice the shallots.
- Remove the beef top round from the refrigerator and mix in the extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, truffles, truffle oil, parsley, and shallots. Taste for seasoning.
Fry Oysters in ½ and ½ white flour and semolina
Black Truffle Aioli
3 tbsp black truffle oil
1 oz black truffle peelings
1 tsp Lemon juice
2 Egg yolks
2 c Blend Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
In a Food Processer add egg yolks, truffle peelings and lemon juice.
Slowly add truffle oil and blend oil to form an emulsion.
Season and chill
2 Tbsp Butter
4 Tbsp black truffles, finely chopped
1 Cup Heavy Cream
½ Cup Brandy