NEW HAVEN, Conn. — Five Hillhouse High School students were taken to the hospital Thursday after they ingested what officials believe to be a food that contained an illegal substance.
New Haven school officials confirmed the incident.
New Haven police and local paramedics responded to the scene and the impacted students were taken to the hospital as a precaution.
This incident is under investigation.
In January, five students at Bishop Woods Architecture & Design Magnet School in New Haven got sick and were hospitalized after eating candy that contained THC, an active ingredient in marijuana.
This is a developing story.
RELATED: Lamont tests positive for COVID-19
Have a story idea or something on your mind you want to share? We want to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS
Download the FOX61 News APP
iTunes: Click here to download
Google Play: Click here to download
Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.
Steam Live on FIRE TV: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.