HARTFORD–Nearly a dozen buildings were evacuated Wednesday afternoon after a gas leak on Bedford Street.
Contractors in the area struck a gas line at 4:22 p.m., which caused the leak. The Hartford Fire Department responded and established a perimeter.
No one was hurt, and no fires ignited because of the leak.
Connecticut Natural Gas responded to the scene to find a way to stop the leak and to monitor gas levels to determine the gas levels.
Residents were expected to be allowed back into their homes within an hour.