x
Breaking News
More () »

FOX 61 | Connecticut breaking news, weather, traffic, sports and social media

3 people hospitalized, 6 displaced after carbon monoxide incident in Manchester

MANCHESTER — Three people were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident in Manchester. Firefighters and police said that they responded to a two-fami...
Manchester

MANCHESTER — Three people were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident in Manchester.

Firefighters and police said that they responded to a two-family home on Maple Street on calls of a heating oil smell coming from the basement.

Six people were found in inside the home and three people were taken to hospitals to be treated for carbon monoxide exposure.

Firefighters said that the victims were exposed to unhealthy amounts of carbon monoxide.

It was the home’s malfunctioning furnace that was deemed responsible for a high levels of carbon monoxide.

Officials said that the six people who live in the home are not allowed in the home until repairs are done.

The property owner arrived on scene and is making immediate arrangements to repair the furnaces in both units.

The displaced people  will have alternate housing provided by the homeowner if for some reason the furnace repairs are delayed.