HARTFORD–About a week after it was announced that Dunkin’ Donuts Park would not open by the originally-planned April 7 date, it was announced that the new Hartford Yard Goats would start the 2016 season on the road.
The Double A Eastern League affiliate of the Colorado Rockies will play the first 17 home games that were scheduled on the road–all dates between April 7 and May 8.
The Yard Goats will still play a full 142 games this season.
The Eastern League said in its announcement that it would monitor the ballpark’s progress to determine if any other home games would need to be rescheduled to be played on the road.
The Yard Goats-Richmond Flying Squirrels game scheduled for April 7 will still be played, just at The Diamond in Richmond, Virginia.
Anyone who has season tickets for the Yard Goats will be able to attend the rescheduled home games at the stadiums where they were relocated to.
Here are the changes to the schedule:
- Yard Goats vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels: Entire April 7-April 10 series to be played in Richmond, including double-header on April 9. No game on April 10.
- Yard Goats vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats: Entire April 11-April 13 series to be played in New Hampshire.
- Yard Goats vs. Portland Sea Dogs: Entire April 21-April 24 series to be played in Portland, including double-header on April 23. No game on April 21.
- Yard Goats vs. Harrisburg Senators: Entire April 25-April 27 series to be played in Harrisburg, but dates shifted to April 26-April 28.
- Yard Goats vs. New Hampshire Fisher Cats: Entire May 6-May 8 series to be played in New Hampshire.