HARTFORD, Conn. — In a challenging year, the students did a great job, and it's always hard to pick the best.
And here are the winners for the 2020-21 school year.
Given to the best hard news story - $2,500 award
- Sewage Setback at The River - Lauren Knowles Suffield Middle School
Given to the best community news story - $2,500 award
- Black History Month Town Hall - Karen Lau NFA
Given to the best student news story that reports on local businesses - $2,000 award
- Community Coming Together Through Puzzle Pieces - Sam Frawley and Glendon Dawson NFA
Given to the best feature news story - $2,500 award
- New Bookstore Includes People of All Abilities Dyllan Siegmund Dylan Sutter ACES Whitney Academy
Given to the best student news story that reports on education - $1,000 award
- The College Decision - Sara Gostkowski Cromwell High School
Given to the best student news story that reports on the arts in Connecticut and careers in the arts industry - $1,000 award
- Center Stage Community Theater - Daniella Berry, Marissa Manzo, Ethan Oko, Padin Larkin, Olivia Jansen Shelton Intermediate School
Presenting sponsor Big Y and supporting sponsors the Connecticut Higher Education Supplemental Load Authority (CHESLA), the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development Office of the Arts and the Connecticut Department of Education provide financial and promotional support to FOX61 Student News.
HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS
Download the FOX61 News APP
iTunes: Click here to download
Google Play: Click here to download
Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.