Breaking News
More () »

Recalled dishwasher sparks fire at a Cromwell home

The homeowners didn't know the dishwasher had been recalled.
Credit: FOX61
Cromwell police

CROMWELL, Conn. — A dishwasher that has a recall due to a fire hazard started a fire in a Cromwell home on Tuesday evening.

According to the Cromwell Fire Department, the dishwasher involved was a BOSCH model, which had been recalled nationwide due to power cords overheating and starting fires. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, there have been dozens of fires reported from these models.

See the recall information here. 

RELATED: Cromwell Police arrest man after armed gas station robbery

The Cromwell Fire Department responded to a report of smoke and flames coming from under and around the dishwasher at a home on Brittany Circle. The fire did not spread from that area, but the house did have smoke damage. 

Sign up for the FOX61 newsletters: Morning Forecast, Morning Headlines, Evening Headlines

The serial numbers on the dishwasher were confirmed as part of the recall and the homeowners were not aware of the order. The homeowners were there when the fire started so they were able to report the fire quickly. 

RELATED: Three-vehicle crash in Westport leaves two hospitalized

Officials recommend that you fill out product registration cards that come with home appliances so that you can know if there are problems with the products you've bought.

Daniel Dashefsky is a digital content producer at FOX61 News. He can be reached at ddashefsky@fox61.com.


Have a story idea or something on your mind you want to share? We want to hear from you! Email us at newstips@fox61.com


Download the FOX61 News APP

iTunes: Click here to download

Google Play: Click here to download

Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.

Steam Live on FIRE TV: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.


Paid Advertisement

Before You Leave, Check This Out