CELEBRATION, Fla. — The most magical place on earth says it will phase out temperature screenings for its cast members and guests, according to Walt Disney World's website.
According to the site, the theme park resort will phase out onsite temperature screenings for cast members beginning May 8 and guests on May 16. Disney says the decision was made following advice from the CDC and local health officials.
Disney says it will "continue to follow the guidance of health and safety leaders going forward" and will "encourage people to get vaccinated."
Walt Disney World first required temperature screenings when it reopened in July 2020 after being shut down due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020.
What other people are reading right now:
- VERIFY: Data from CDC site does not prove thousands died from COVID-19 vaccines
- 5 people injured after van crashes into Tampa restaurant
- Hillsborough County allows face mask rules to end, in compliance with DeSantis' order
- Woman gives birth to 9 babies at one time
- Gov. Ron DeSantis officially announces $1,000 bonuses for first responders
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter