CONNECTICUT, USA — In effect Friday, Governor Ned Lamont’s latest executive order requiring people traveling into Connecticut to self-quarantine and to fill out a travel health form.
Walking around the Bradley International airport you’ll find signs scattered throughout reminding travelers to self-quarantine and fill out mandatory health forms in-person or online.
Governor Lamont’s executive order requires travelers coming from one of 31 states listed on its travel advisory to self-quarantine for 14 days and fill out the form in-person or online. In addition, spot checks will be conducted at the airport. States on the Connecticut travel advisory have at least a ten percent or more positivity rate over a seven-day average.
The rules apply to all individuals regardless of how they travel to Connecticut. Governor Lamont previously announced failure to comply with the quarantine or failure to complete the health form could result in a $1,000 fine, but the Department of Public Health said they haven’t run into any issues day one.
“A lot of people understand the serious nature of COVID-19 and how it’s impacted so many people across the country and they're more than willing to fill out the form,” DPH Health Program Association Jim Vannoy said.
We spoke to travelers required to fill out the form coming in from Florida, a state currently dealing with nearly 400,000 COVID-19 cases.
"It's not a problem we’re trying to get through this and get over this so it's fine with me,” Florida resident Tim Hollens, Florida said.
“It shows you guys are taking the extra precaution for people’s safety and we really appreciate that coming here,” Florida resident Datanis Rodriguez said.
Although those not staying in Connecticut for at least 24 hours are exempt.
Just one day into this executive order --- the Department of Public Health said they’ve received more than $3,000 forms.