HARTFORD, Conn. — April Godfrey from Sweet, Simple, Delicious shares a cookie recipe packed with ingredients that support healthy brain function, and will still be appealing to those with developing taste buds!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 and 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 ground walnuts
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed mixed with 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (or cranberries)
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the ground flax seed and water in a small bowl and set to the side.
- Mix together the oats, ground walnuts, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add the flax mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add mini chips, dried fruit and pepitas. Mix together.
- Scoop onto prepared baking sheet and press down slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Gobble ‘em up!
Have a story idea or something on your mind you want to share? We want to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HERE ARE MORE WAYS TO GET FOX61 NEWS
Download the FOX61 News APP
iTunes: Click here to download
Google Play: Click here to download
Stream Live on ROKU: Add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching FOX61.
Steam Live on FIRE TV: Search ‘FOX61’ and click ‘Get’ to download.